Inspired by Design | My designs are inspired by the integration of work and life. I seek to find a balance between work and play, old and new, classic and contemporary. I aim to inspire through the creative process, as well as the end result. Through my work, business owners rediscover the beauty of their physical addresses, employees experience their work afresh and clients reconnect with the brands they love.
A hardworking ethos | I grew up as the daughter of a property developer, so the building industry and related trades have always been part of my DNA. After studying B. Consumer Science (Housing) at Stellenbosch University, I entered the industry as a kitchen designer and quickly realised that I excel at keeping all the loose ends together on bigger jobs. I believe in thorough planning, well defined budgets and strict deadlines.
A story of friendship | Living on Main was established in 2006 by my dear friend Lyne Breytenbach. I was privileged to consult with her on various projects. In 2015 she sadly passed away. Honoured by a generous gesture from her family, her design legacy was passed on to me to carry on.
Where do we start?
- Free first consultation to ascertain your needs and to get an idea of the space in question.
- After this initial consultation, I create a mood board and develop a clear visual idea of how we can fulfil your needs in the space with an estimated budget in mind.
- Once my services have been secured, a comprehensive budgeting process starts. This includes a set-out of my professional fees, indicating all of the costs involved and ensuring that all parties are in agreement about this important detail.
- Selection of service providers
- Management of the project and all service providers to adhere to set deadlines and to stay within agreed budgets.
I look forward to an opportunity to create a space that reflects the essence of your business; a space where your clients will feel appreciated and your team will feel inspired and at home.
- Interior design
- Recruiting team of contractors
- Budget planning
- Lighting and electrical plan
- Furniture design
- Soft finishing and window treatments
- Project management